09 October 2006

What impression do you give out?

I had the pleasure of having a 1-1 meeting with a fellow member of the BNI Chapter I belong to. To those of you that don't know about BNI, it is a referral based organisation that meets on a weekly business with a structured agenda to ensure members get the most business.

BNI places a big emphasis on 1-1 meetings with fellow members as they give you the opportunity to find out more about their business in order to be able to pass quality referrals.

During this 1-1 meeting last week, an interesting observation came out of the other members mouth - his mental impression of me and my business was someone who types, never mind all the other tasks we can perform! Now I try to educate members each week about all the tasks a Virtual Assistant can do but this highlighted to me that I need to change my approach - as it obviously wasn't working! Once I explained further to this member there was the classic AHA moment where he actually said he now understood what I could do for him and his business.

What impression are you giving and do you need to change it?

To see how a Virtual Assistant and CKPA can help your business, contact us now.

Until next time,

Emma Walker
CKPA Office Solutions

No comments: